A Virginia man was so determined to become a police officer that he dropped nearly 200 pounds to meet the requirements.Romar Lyle says that, at one point, he had a 54-inch waist and weighed more than 400 pounds. Lyle says he knew he wouldn't have been able to pass the mandated tests, according to TV station WJW.“I knew I wanted to do something in Law Enforcement, but at that moment there was no way I would have been able to achieve that dream at my current weight," Lyle wrote in a Facebook post shared by Richmond police. "If I wanted to work in this field, I had to keep working on my health and fitness."He turned to CrossFit and lost more than 100 pounds. While attending the Richmond police academy, he lost about 30 more.“It was one of the most challenging things I have ever had to do but it has taught me so many life skills and valuable lessons that I will carry for the rest of my life," Lyle wrote. "I wake up every day smiling because when I think back on all the things I have done to get here, it reminds me that anything is possible.” Lyle has graduated from the academy and is now an official part of the Richmond police force, keeping citizens safe.
- Bastrop cancels youth sports for summer and fall
- Citizens prepare for re-opening economy
- Governor Edwards extends Stay at Home Order to May 15
- Granlund cartoon: Pandemic party
- DeWitt column: Our hero, the dung beetle
- Weatherford cartoon: Stock market beating
- Sparks column: Kindness is contagious, too
- Symkus column: Some suggestions for a super film festival without leaving home
- Epic fashion moments: Take a brief peek at the evolution of underwear
- Find peace during pandemic uncertainty with Kundalini yoga and meditation
- Bidet Seat 101: A guide for newbies
- Great grilling ideas for easy home-cooked meals
- How to take charge of your health: 9 tips to try
- How to keep youth active outdoors – and safe – this summer
- What every parent needs to know about myopia
- Protect your child’s health: Don’t delay well-child visits
- Great Ways to Beat Summer Brain Drain
- 8 ways your family can cure cabin fever
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.