"My mom is trying to kill me."That's what 911 operators in Henderson, Nevada, near Las Vegas, heard when they answered an emergency call on Oct. 21. Audio from that call was just released by authorities.On the other end of the line was a 7-year-old boy who had reportedly been stabbed 25 times by his mother. Miraculously, he survived, according to TV station KTBC.His mother, however, was killed by responding officers. The Henderson Police Department says Claudia Nadia Rodriguez, 37, was shot after she somehow managed to grab an officer's service weapon, firing a single round.Paramedics rushed the boy to a nearby hospital, where he underwent emergency surgery. Doctors are hopeful he will be able to fully recover. “The city of Henderson Police Department recognizes that this tragedy will have lasting effects on everyone involved,” city leaders said in a statement obtained by KTBC.An investigation into the incident continues.
- Bastrop cancels youth sports for summer and fall
- Citizens prepare for re-opening economy
- Governor Edwards extends Stay at Home Order to May 15
- Granlund cartoon: Pandemic party
- DeWitt column: Our hero, the dung beetle
- Weatherford cartoon: Stock market beating
- Sparks column: Kindness is contagious, too
- Symkus column: Some suggestions for a super film festival without leaving home
- Epic fashion moments: Take a brief peek at the evolution of underwear
- Find peace during pandemic uncertainty with Kundalini yoga and meditation
- Bidet Seat 101: A guide for newbies
- Great grilling ideas for easy home-cooked meals
- How to take charge of your health: 9 tips to try
- How to keep youth active outdoors – and safe – this summer
- What every parent needs to know about myopia
- Protect your child’s health: Don’t delay well-child visits
- Great Ways to Beat Summer Brain Drain
- 8 ways your family can cure cabin fever
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.