Owners of older iPhones and iPads must perform a crucial update by Sunday, or they could be stuck with an inoperable device.Apple alerted owners about the upgrade this week. It affects people using an iPhone 5 or a fourth-generation iPad (WiFi and cellular) running iOS 10.3.4 or an iPhone 4S, a third-generation iPad (WiFi and cellular), a second-generation iPad (WiFi and cellular, CDMA only) or a first-generation iPad Mini (WiFi and cellular) running iOS 9.3.6.The update is needed, according to radio station KJCE, "to maintain accurate GPS location and to continue to use functions that rely on correct date and time including App Store, iCloud, email and web browsing."A "GPS time rollover issue" that first was discovered in April is what's behind all of this.Without the update, the iPhone 5 will essentially become useless, with email and many apps becoming inaccessible. The impact won't be quite as bad on the other Apple products, with only GPS capabilities being affected.The iPhone 5 was last made in 2013.
- Bastrop cancels youth sports for summer and fall
- Citizens prepare for re-opening economy
- Governor Edwards extends Stay at Home Order to May 15
- Granlund cartoon: Pandemic party
- DeWitt column: Our hero, the dung beetle
- Weatherford cartoon: Stock market beating
- Sparks column: Kindness is contagious, too
- Symkus column: Some suggestions for a super film festival without leaving home
- What every parent needs to know about myopia
- How to take charge of your health: 9 tips to try
- Great Ways to Beat Summer Brain Drain
- Now’s a good time to start saving for college
- Cross-Bore: What Every Homeowner Should Know
- 7 key ways to cover your child's college costs this fall
- Protect your child’s health: Don’t delay well-child visits
- How to keep youth active outdoors – and safe – this summer
- Protect yourself from heat-related illnesses during home DIY projects
- Great grilling ideas for easy home-cooked meals
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.