A carelessly thrown out lit cigarette seems to have been the cause of a fire at Burger King on Tuesday afternoon.

Bastrop Fire Prevention Officer Jeremy DeFee said the fire appeared to have been started by a black and mild thrown into a flower bed in the front entrance of the building.

"The wood mulch was dry and was ignited by the cigarette," he said. "The fire got underneath the wall and spread up to the roof. Our suppression efforts were on time and stopped the fire before any major damage was done."

Fortunately no one was injured.