The Morehouse Parish Sheriff's Office and the Bastrop Police Department are investigating
several burglaries around town and in the parish and are looking for information regarding the thefts.
• A home located on Martin Luther King-South was broken into on May 14 and a Playstation 3, 15 games, a Mitsubishi 20 inch television and a Sony radio with compact disc player as well as two riffles and a shot -gun were reported missing.
• On May 16, a Yamaha Banshee 4-wheeler having yellow and white plastic fenders, a black seat on a purple frame with black pipes was reported missing from a residence on the Collinston Road. "T5" was written on the pipes in red. The 4-wheeler is valued over $3,000.
• In the early morning hours of May 21, a homeowner noticed a 47 inch Sanyo TV missing from her residence on Martin Luther King Blvd. in Mer Rouge.
• The owners of Moeller's, located on East Madison, have reported two separate break-ins of the store, both happening the week of May 12. Three 4-wheelers were stolen and two have been recovered. The last one missing is a blue Yamaha TR50. Security tape of the store shows two black male suspects wearing hoodies entering after the door on the west side of the building was busted out. Also reported taken was a quart of oil.
• A business located on West Madison has also been broken into repeatedly. Various items were taken from the store on April 17 and again on May 17. Perpetrators are seen entering the business after busting out the front window. These thefts were also caught on camera and the suspect was a male wearing dark colored clothing.
Several thefts reported in the May 9 Enterprise have been solved, thanks to alert citizens, Sheriff Mike Tubbs said.
"We had several vehicle burglaries reported May 5 in the Beekman area and because those residents were watching out for their neighbors, we were able to get a vehicle description, which led to the simple burglary arrest of Joshua Ladele Aulds, 17878 Norman Harper Rd.," Tubbs said. "We are still interviewing victims and there will be at least one additional arrest in these burglaries in the very near future."
Anyone with any information in any of the above felony cases or any other felony case may call Crimestoppers at 281.0050, the Bastrop Police Department at 281.1322 or the Morehouse Parish Sheriff's Office at 281.4141. Crimestoppers will pay up to $2,000 for any information in a felony case.