Applications for the MCIO Head Start program are being accepted now.
The MCIO Head Start program will accept applications for the 2013 – 2014 school year, between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Friday at the following locations – the Bastrop Center, which is located at 1602 West Madison Ave. and the Mer Rouge Center, 8758 Nip Eckles Rd.
If you child meets the following criteria, they may be eligible for the Head Start program:
* Any child who is three to five years of age;
* Child is currently enrolled in the Head Start program and does not meet mandatory kindergarten age by Sept. 30, 2011;
* Any child three to five years of age who may require special services;
* Families may be able to enroll more than one child if income is eligible;
* Families meet federal income guidelines.
* Students must be three years of age by the first day of school. Students who will be three years old after the first day of school will be placed on a Prioritized Waiting List.
Parents who wish to enroll their child must furnish the following documents:
Child’s birth certificate
Child’s up-to-date immunization record
Child’s medical, LaCHIP or private insurance card
Child’s Social Security card
Parents/guardians must bring their 2010 income verification in some type of form, such as 1040A, W-2, FITAP, SSI benefits or proof of child support payments.
MCIO Head Start provides services and benefits to all eligible recipients, without regard to race, creed, color, disability or national origin.
All special needs children and children with severe disabilities are welcome.
For more information, contact Fleora Daman at 283.4938 or Paula Gray at 647.5017.