Bastrop-Morehouse Dixie baseball and softball signups are under way and will continue through Friday. Feb. 22. Signups are being conducted at the Bastrop Parks & Recreation office, located in Room 224 of the City Hall Complex, from 8 a.m.-noon and from 1-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Participants are advised of the following guidelines:
* Each participant must present a birth certificate even if he or she has played previously. No Exceptions!
* Girls who turn age 5 on or before Jan. 1, 2013 are eligible to participate. Any girl over the age of 19 as of Jan. 1, 2013 is ineligible.
* Boys who turn age 5 on or before Dec. 31, 2013 are eligible to play. Any boy over the age of 14 on or before May 1, 2013 is ineligible.
* Girls ages 7-18 will be divided into age groups and placed in the Darlings, Angels, Belles, Debs and Ponytails leagues.
* Boys ages 7-14 will be divided into age groups and placed in the Rookie (pitching machine), Minor, Youth and Boys leagues.
* Youth ages 5-6 will play in the T-Ball (boys) and Sweetees (girls) leagues.
* Players are responsible for purchasing their own uniforms.
* All players for the 2013 season are required to purchase Dixie Youth Insurance at the time of registration.
* Participants are not required to be present for signups.
* No refunds will be paid after March 15. No Exceptions!
* A late fee will be charged after Monday, Feb. 25.
For more information, contact the Parks & Recreation office at 283.3303 or 283.3304.