Jan. 17, 2013
Human Capital Information System
The Human Capital Information System is a web-based system that is available to school districts to support their implementation of Compass, the state’s educator evaluation system. Use of the system by school districts is free and voluntar
With the system:
- Teachers can establish student learning targets and share them with an administrator.
- Leaders can add notes and ratings from observations.
- School districts can submit annual reports to the Louisiana Department of Education.
Additionally, the system automatically calculates evaluation scores from the data entered on observations and student growth.
We want to help!
To get immediate solutions to the most common challenges with the system, please visit the HCIS Help Desk
. You will be able to select from a list of frequently asked questions and receive an immediate answer to your question. For all other questions that cannot be answered immediately, the Help Desk staff will aim to respond within 24 business hours of receiving your question.
News for Educators:
The Reports feature has been launched! Educators can generate reports with observation ratings to understand what they’re doing well and where they need to grow. School and district leaders can generate reports for those educators they are supervising. Administrators can track progress on all of the employees in their system.
Helpful Hints for Educators:
- Use the link on the home page of the Human Capital Information System to quickly and efficiently find resources.
- Don’t use special characters in your log-in name (such as #, ^, %), which will cause an error message. Please change your log-in name using the “I forgot my code” button on the log-in screen.
- Repeated attempts to log in with incorrect information will cause your account to be deactivated. To activate your account, please contact your district’s HCIS administrator. For your convenience, a list of all HCIS administrators organized by Local Education Agency is available on the error message.
- Pop-up blocker must be turned off to log-in
For more HCIS resources, please visit our Library.