- Chemin-A-Haut Creek
- Posted Dec. 3, 2011 midnight
- Nationally known river guide John Ruskey called Chemin-A-Haut Creek "one of the most incredibly beautiful places I've visited" after paddling the waterway in September. A tributary of Bayou Bartholomew, the creek was overlooked by the timber industry of a century ago and today boasts the largest and oldest cypress trees in Morehouse Parish. A volunteer group seeking to establish canoe launches on Bartholomew also hopes to make Chemin-A-Haut accessible to the paddlers for the first time.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition today and keep up with all the latest news and views from our community.
- Top Stories
- Sterlington cheerleaders bring home awards
- Help stop crime in Bastrop
- Obituary Bradrick Harris
- Obituary "Dub" Rallinson
- Dixie Baseball sportsmanship awards presented
- The Rose to present "Nunset Boulevard"
- Obituary George "Red" Westbrook Kinnaird
- LSU looks like tough team to beat
- Bruins ride stingy pitching staff to Omaha
- Morehouse Youth Cheerleaders Registeration
- Johnson School Family Reunion
- Read more top stories